Frequently Asked Bankruptcy Questions (FAQ)
The following groups of bankruptcy questions are listed in order of their popularity on this site. Questions are listed in order of popularity within groups.
- How to Solve Debt Problems
- How Long Does Bankruptcy Last in Canada?
- How Much Does Bankruptcy Cost
- Does Bankruptcy Affect My Spouse / Partner?
- What is a Consumer Proposal?
- What are the advantages of a consumer proposal?
- I’m considering Separation or Divorce. What do I need to know?
- What happens to my debts when I go bankrupt in Canada?
- What will I have to do during my bankruptcy?
- Can I Include My Tax Debts in Bankruptcy?
- What is personal bankruptcy all about?
- I owe a lot of income taxes to Canada Revenue Agency. What can I do?
- What happens to student loans if I go bankrupt?
- What is Surplus Income?
- What happens when I go bankrupt in Canada?
- What are the steps in filing bankruptcy?
- What Income Is Surplus Income If I Go Bankrupt?
- Explain the concepts of bankruptcy in Canada.
What can I Keep, and What will I Lose, if I go Bankrupt in Canada?
- What Happens To My House When I File Bankruptcy?
- What can I keep if I go bankrupt in Canada?
- Can I Keep My Bank Account If I File Bankruptcy?
- Can I Keep a Leased Car if I go Bankrupt?
- RRSP in Bankruptcy: Will I Lose My RRSP If I File for Bankruptcy?
- What are the bankruptcy exemptions in my province?
After my bankruptcy is finished
- How long does bankruptcy stay on my credit report in Canada?
- How can I get my life back to normal after bankruptcy?
- How can I get a secured credit card?
- How can I rebuild my credit after my bankruptcy in Canada is done?
- Can I make my mortgage renewal after bankruptcy?
- How can I repair my credit after my bankruptcy in Canada is done?
- How can I get a copy of my credit report?
How can I get More Answers?
Licensed Insolvency Trustees
More about bankruptcy
- Canadian Debt Collection Laws
- Should I Feel Guilty If I Go Bankrupt?
- I heard they are changing the bankruptcy rules. What’s going on?
- What bankruptcy records are kept in Canada? Who will know about my bankruptcy?
- What is Chapter 7? Chapter 13?
- How many people go bankrupt?
- What are the laws for bankruptcy in Canada?
- What Are the Causes of Bankruptcy in Canada?
- Tell me about bankruptcies in Canada.
- What bankruptcy-related words are often misspelled?
- What is receivership?
I Don’t Want to Go Bankrupt – What are my Bankruptcy Alternatives? How do I Choose?
- I can’t pay my bills, what do I do now?
- What’s the minimum amount of debt required when filing bankruptcy in Canada?
- Why should I choose a consumer proposal over bankruptcy?
- What is Orderly Payment of Debts? Can I try it?
- What happens if I file a second time for bankruptcy in Canada?
- Is filing bankruptcy after retirement a good choice for seniors?
- Should I File a Consumer Proposal or Opt for a Debt Management Plan?
- Why Is It Important to Prepare a Personal Budget Before Filing Bankruptcy?
- What Bankruptcy Alternatives Are Available to Me?
Those Collection Agents and Creditors are after me!
- What Happens If I Don’t Pay A Collection Agency?
- Will I go to jail for not paying back my debts?
- Can a collection agency take me to court? Can I be sued for not paying back my debts?
- How do I stop collection agencies from calling me?
- Can a Collection Agency Take My Furniture?
- How can I stop a garnishment on my wages?
- Once I file for bankruptcy or proposal, when will creditors stop calling?
- Dealing with Collection Agents: The Process
- What Happens If You Don’t Pay A Collection Agency?