My son wrote and cashed personal cheques of mine

May 7th, 2015 by Questions

While out of the country, my son wrote and cashed many personal cheques of mine to my credit card. What recourse do I have?


One Response to “My son wrote and cashed personal cheques of mine”

, Doug Stuive, CA | Trustee | CIRP said:

You can try to work with your creditors indicating that you did not sign these cheques but while this would potentially take away your obligation to pay the debts it could lead to legal action against your son. What he did appears to be a criminal offence so any recourse open to you could lead to him being charged.

You can file for personal bankruptcy or file a consumer proposal and indicate on the documents that you were a victim of fraud. This would make sure that you are legally protected from your creditors taking action against you for payment of the debts.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)