Is there a way to withdraw or annul my bankruptcy?

March 13th, 2015 by Questions

I have been in bankruptcy for 2.5 months and I am having second thought’s. This is my second time filing. Also I am unemployed and cannot keep up with the monthly payments that I need to give to the trustee. Is there a way to annul or withdraw my bankruptcy? if so, how?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “Is there a way to withdraw or annul my bankruptcy?”

, Desmond West-Chow, CIRP said:

There are essentially two ways to no longer be in bankruptcy. One is to get your discharge through the normal course of the bankruptcy proceeding. The second is to annul to annul the bankruptcy by filing a consumer proposal. In order to file a consumer proposal, cash flow is a very important consideration and must be consistent for the full proposal. If you’re currently not working and having a tough time keeping up with the bankruptcy payments, this may also prove to be a challenge in the proposal. Give your current trustee a call to discuss your options.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)