surplus income extended bankruptcy

November 12th, 2013 by Questions

My discharge was opposed because the courts determined I didn’t pay enough surplus income to my trustee.

I am finding it difficult to continue to pay the outstanding amount of 7000. I have missed two months already and I am wondering what happens if i stop paying all together.

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “surplus income extended bankruptcy”

, A licensed trustee said:

If you stop paying your trustee may simply close your file. That will restore all of your creditors’ rights to collect from you and leave you an undischarged bankrupt. To restart your bankruptcy you will be charged an additional fee.

Call your trustee and see if they will work with you, before you simply stop paying.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)