Desperate need for help

October 9th, 2013 by Questions

Can you declare bankruptcy if you are behind on property taxes?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “Desperate need for help”

, A licensed trustee said:

You can, but if you intend to stay in the house then the property taxes will not be eliminated by your bankruptcy. To eliminate the property taxes you have to move out of the house. I am guessing this is not the answer you were hoping for…

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)