Mrs. B

June 5th, 2013 by Questions

Several part question: Our house was foreclosed in 2009..CMHC takes my husbands income tax every year since 2010 for the shortfall..We had tons (over 50000) in credit card debt etc and could not pay. We originally had seen a trustee for bankruptcy prior to the foreclosure and since we had no money to file for one we were told to wait. Now 4 years later, creditors have stopped calling and as I said CMHC takes income tax. We never filed for bankruptcy and are still struggling. What is our best course of action?? We would one day like to own a home again.

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “Mrs. B”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

From the sounds of it you are a potential candidate for a bankruptcy or potentially a consumer proposal. From the sounds of it your income has now changed and one of those two approaches will likley help you resolve things and move forward. If I were you I would contact a local trustee and find out if either of those approaches makes sense given what is happening currently.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)