Mr D

February 1st, 2013 by Questions

I had a bankruptcy in 1977, which I found out just now has not been discharged as I was applying for my second bankruptcy. What are my options. I did not realize that I had not been discharged all these years.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Mr D”

, A licensed trustee said:

Likely all you can do is apply to the Court and ask to be discharged. They will want a report from your trustee, but after so much time all that report will contain is a not saying you likely didn’t comlete your duties back in 1977. The Court will then decide what you need to do now in order to be discharged. The most iportant question will be, “why do you need to be discharged at this time – obviously it hasn’t impacted on you for 35 years?” The normal answer is that you are in trouble and need to file again – the Court doesn’t respond well to that answer…

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)