not completing the bankruptcy procedure

October 30th, 2012 by Questions

me and my partner were living in Alberta and my partner had declared bankruptcy,before it was complete we had moved back to Ontario and due to increased finical strain we were unable to complete the last two months of the required payments,now in a situation that we can take care of this we contacted the trustee and were advised to send 500.00 to re open the file,so i guess our question is can we go to a trustee here in Ontario or does she need to deal with the orignal trustee..

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “not completing the bankruptcy procedure”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

No, you can’t go to a new trustee you must go through your original trustee. However, I do think you are getting a bit of a deal. Most trustee’s will charge $2,000 or more for this type of reappointment.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)