Living with My Dad

October 7th, 2012 by Questions

Due to a health issue I have had to pay for expensive drugs that my work health plan did not cover for several years…thank god that recently my health plan has approved coverage for these drugs…my problem is that as a result of my illness I have accumulated approx. 38000.00 is credit card debit that I can barely afford to pay the min payment….I am considering bankruptcy and I have had to move in with my dad until I get on my feet….I pay board of 300.00 month….my question is if I claim bankrupcy will my father pension come into play when they are calculating the household monthly income?

Posted from: Prince Edward Island


One Response to “Living with My Dad”

, A licensed trustee said:

You need to discuss this with your trustee in detail BEFORE you file. Case law in Ontario goes both ways on this point – sometimes your dad’s income is factored in, sometimes it is not. A local trustee in PEI should be able to tell you how it is handled in your area. Sorry I can’t be clearer for you.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)