Free Consultation

child support

do child support come off your surplus income

Posted from: Newfoundland and Labrador

One Response to “child support”

A licensed trustee said...

If you are paying child support as a result of a Court Order or a formal Separation Agreement the payments will be deducted from your income prior to the surplus income being calculated.

If you are receiving child support it will be added to your income and is subject to the surplus income rules.