August 3rd, 2012 by Questions

Once a bankruptcy has started and I decied I don’t want to go through with it can I just pay an amount and deal with the creditors myself?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Dianne”

, A licensed trustee said:

There are three ways to deal with your bankruptcy:

1) complete the procedure

2) file a consumer proposal – once it has been accepted your bankruptcvy will be annulled

3) pay all of your detb soff in full and then apply to the Court to have your bankruptcy annulled.

You should go and speak with your trustee – they will hewlp you decide which course of action makes the most sense for you.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)