Previous Tax years

January 18th, 2012 by Questions

I lent money to my business and it went bankrupt. The loans give me a tax loss that I understand I can apply against income for the past three years and get a refund or apply against future income in the next 10 years. I am going bankrupt. Will the trustee make me use the losses against previous years income so there would be a refund he could apply against my debts?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Previous Tax years”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

If there are any available loss carry backs the trustee will very likely make use of these as part of the bankruptcy. But you are best to discuss this directly with the trustee you are going to be working with.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)