gifted money or gift cards from family

December 5th, 2011 by Questions

I am just under the income surplus so that I can be in bankruptcy for 9 months. Unfortunutly, my expenses are really tight. If my sister sends me a $100 or a gift card to I have to put it under income for that month. This would put me over the amount alotted, so would i have to be in bankruptcy for 21 months instead of 9 months?

Posted from: British Columbia


One Response to “gifted money or gift cards from family”

, A licensed trustee said:

Call your trustee to discuss this – “gifts” are not included in the surplus income calculation (neither are loans if you have to pay your sister back later).

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)