Appeal term of Bankruptcy

November 23rd, 2011 by Questions

Can I appeal to the court to have bankruptcy term reduced from 3 years to 2 years due to financial hardship? This is my second bankrupcty due to a failed business and I also have surplus income from current job.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Appeal term of Bankruptcy”

, A licensed trustee said:

Any person may apply to the Court after the third month of their bankruptcy to be discharged. Your trustee cannot bring this application for you – you’ll need to hire a lawyer.

Before you spend any money on a lawyer, in my opinion “financial hardship” will not be a suficient reason for the Court to grant you an early discharge, in particular if you have surplus income.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)