money owed to revenue canada

September 8th, 2011 by Questions

Revenue canada says I owe them money from 2006. If I claimed Bankrupsy in 2008 and Im discharged as of 2009 are they able to take that money out of my 2010 income tax refund

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “money owed to revenue canada”

, A licensed trustee said:

You should speak to your trustee about this – if you filed bankruptcy in 2008 and the new tax debt is for 2006 then CRA should not be trying to collect it. It may be as simple as sending them proof that you were discharged – your trustee should be able to assist you.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)