income tax

September 8th, 2011 by Questions

My husband and I are seniors and have claimed shared income. I owe income tax 2100.00 and have to claim bankrupcy for unsecured debts in my name. My husband has his own debts and does not want to claim bankruptcy. Other than a 2001 van which needs 1000.00 repairs, we have no assets. What happens to income tax?

Posted from: Manitoba


One Response to “income tax”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

If all the debts are in your name and your husband has not signed on anything relating to these debts, then there is no need for your husband to file for bankruptcy. As for your income tax, if you file for bankruptcy, you loose your income tax for the year of bankruptcy and any prior years that haven’t been filed.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)