Are students household members in a banKruptcy

September 8th, 2011 by Questions

Do students (18,24) who live in a furnished room at the university, but are supported by a single parent, count as household members when you do the calculation for the surplus income?

Posted from: New Brunswick


One Response to “Are students household members in a banKruptcy”

, A licensed trustee said:

Yes, you may count students living elsewhere, but still be supported by their parent(s) as part of your household. Your trustee may ask you to demonstrate how you are supporting them (sending money, they are home every weekend to stay, etc).

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)