too much owing

July 9th, 2011 by Questions

I only have furniture and entertainment equipment as assets. I owe 25000 to 35000 between creditors and child maintenance. I have 5 kids of 6 living with me and my wife. Can I file for bankruptcy and if so what will happen if I do with the debt to both parties?

Posted from: Northwest Territories


One Response to “too much owing”

, A licensed trustee said:

Bankruptcy law cannot clear up support arrears (either spousal or child). The only way to have these amounts changed is to return to the Family Court that issued the original Orders and ansk them to be changed.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)