Income tax refunds

July 19th, 2011 by Questions

If I declare bankruptcy in 2011 which would be for 21 months I understand I would lose my 2011 tax refund. Do I get to keep any 2012 tax refund?


Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Income tax refunds”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

The legislation reads that when you file for personal bankruptcy in Canada you lose tax refund only for the year you filed for bankruptcy. So 2011 should be the only year you lose.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)