change in trustee options

July 22nd, 2011 by Questions

We submitted a proposal that has been rejected. We do not feel that our trustee put forth best effort and was often non communicative and gave us very limited information throughout the CP process. Now we have to delcare bankruptcy but do not wish to use the same firm. Can we now go to another firm to handle our bankruptcy. They also charged us money upfront which I believe most places do not. What if we feel the trustee did not do what we asked of them, can the proposal be re-submitted with new firm?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “change in trustee options”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

There is no requirement that you use the same trustee if you now need to file a bankruptcy, you can use any trustee you wish.

However, the rules state that a second consumer proposal cannot be filed unless you have court permission to do so and that is very rare.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)