June 9th, 2011 by Questions

I am 60 years old and lost my job 2 years ago, I have taken early CPP and have a minimal company pension. I cannot pay credit card debt. Please advise what is the best route to take. Thank you.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Ms.”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

Depending on the size and type of the pension, you are likely best to look at a bankruptcy. While there are other options, the advantages of those really involve protecting a portion of your credit and at your age, credit really shouldn’t matter to much. So I would recommend that you contact a local trustee, sit down with them and have them explain how a bankruptcy can help you put these debts behind you.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)