May 18th, 2011 by Questions

I would like to know for a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada(non-resident) would
it be possible to go to Canada for a couple of months in order to proceed for his personal
bankruptcy? Thank you for your prompt reply to this question.

Best regards,

Posted from: Quebec


One Response to “Mr.T.M.”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

The techincal requirements are that to file bankruptcy you must have either resided in Canada in the last 12 months, or own propety in Canada. If you fulfill either of these requirements then you would be eligible. But based on my interpretation of the legislation you wouldn’t be able to consider a short return for a limited period of time resided.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)