income tax

January 21st, 2011 by Questions

I had a creditor oppose my Bankrupsy and went to court and I was ordered to pay a total sum of money. My trustee did my income tax,, and got the refund. CAn We not use this money as part of my court order sum of money?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “income tax”

, A licensed trustee said:

Sorry – tax refunds for the year you filed bankruptcy or any prior years cannot be used to pay down a Court Ordered amount. These refunds “belong” to your creditors already. If the Court Orders som ekind of payment it has to come from someplace else – for most people that means some sort of payment plan for a period of time after the Court hearing.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)