revenue canada and bankruptcy

November 11th, 2010 by Questions

If, as a US citizen, although living for 45 and working in Canada for 30 years, I left and afterwards discovered that due to a divorce settlement, it was determined I owed taxes in Canada in 2003, can I declare bankruptcy on those taxes?

Posted from: Saskatchewan


One Response to “revenue canada and bankruptcy”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

This shouldn’t be a problem. In Canada income taxe debt is simply an unsecured debt and can be cleared by the filing of a bankruptcy. So the best thing to do is to contact a local trustee and they can help you out with this.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)