Surplus Income

October 17th, 2010 by Questions

Is it an option to pay extra taxes (on self-employed income) to reduce our surplus income so that we are not over the allowable income and do not have to stay in bankrutpcy for an additional 12 months?
Thank you.

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “Surplus Income”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:


Unfortunately you can’t pay extra tax simply to avoid paying your surplus income obligation. It is recommended that you make the standard tax deductions and that will be used to reduce your surplus, but the must not be excessive.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)