owing money to ontario works

October 15th, 2010 by Questions

Can you discharge money owing to Ontario works through a bankruptcy? or can it be included in a consumer proposal?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “owing money to ontario works”

, A licensed trustee said:

It depends on how/why the debt to Ontario Works was created. If you received benefits when you were not entitled to them because you either fialed to report income or misreported income then the debt amy NOT be discharged.

If the debt was incurred through no fault or your own then it likely can.

Make sure you discuss this debt in detail with your trustee BEFORE you decide to file – that way there won’t be any surprises.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)