Complaint against a trustee

April 16th, 2010 by Questions

During the proceedings of my bankruptcy, which is still ongoing, my trustee discharged themselves as my trustee for not filing one piece of paper and not paying $50 of my fee. They did NOT send me a letter saying they were going to court to discharge themselves, listing the reasons. This cost me an additional $2500 to get them reinstated and also cost the courts time unnecessarily. To whom do I file a complaint against them?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “Complaint against a trustee”

, A licensed trustee said:

You may contact the nearest Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy if you have concerns regarding how your trustee conducted themselves. This is the government agency that licences and monitors all trustees in Canada.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)