Another income tax refund question

January 21st, 2010 by Questions

What would happen to an income tax refund cheque, if I file my income tax return for the present year and subsequently file for bankruptcy, before the refund cheque arrives.

Posted from: British Columbia


One Response to “Another income tax refund question”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

In this case you would have a legal responsibility to turn the refund over to your trustee.

Failure to do so would result in you beiing in-eligible for discharge.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)