December 13th, 2009 by Questions

I am currently in bankruptcy. The Ont. Govt are said to be mailing out x3 $300 cheques to single persons making under $70.000 (a category I fall under.)

Do I just add this amount to my monthly income and have to pay whatever extra or is it exempt? (I doubt that!).

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “HST CHEQUES”

, A licensed trustee said:

Our current understanding is that these rebate cheques will be treated like any other form of income – you’ll have to add the amount received to your other income for the month and therefore it may cause you to have an obligation to make an additional payment under the surplus income rules.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)