Debt in another province

December 2nd, 2009 by Questions

I recently moved to BC from Alberta after separating from my spouse. In Alberta I have a consolidated loan with my ex. Can I apply for bankruptcy in BC if the loans are in Alberta?

Posted from: British Columbia


One Response to “Debt in another province”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

Yes, you can file the bankruptcy om BC. When filing for bankruptcy, regardless what part of Canada the debts are in you are supposed to file in the province you are residing in.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)