Free Consultation

Old debt.

How does one know if a judgment has been made against them. Is there somewhere to check?

Posted from: Alberta

One Response to “Old debt.”

Barton Goth – Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said...

If a creditor went to court to obtain a judgement you should have received notification, of course this is assuming that you have kept your address current with your creditors.

If you have not, then you can check your credit history through equifax. If there is a judgement it will likely be registered with your credit history and should read as an R8.

The third thing you could do is to contact the court directly.