November 4th, 2009 by Questions

I lost my job and had no income for a few months that took an over extended credit situation towards the critical point. I now live and work in Saskatchewan, all debt is in my name. I fully support a disabled husband (he has no income) and two children at a second residence in Quebec (ownership is in my husband and my name but mortgage is in my name only,p.s. there is no home equity in current market we will lose money if sold now). Do I need to know about Saskatchewan or Quebec bankruptcy law?Will a disabled husband be taken into account when calculating surplus income?

Posted from: Quebec


One Response to “Kelly”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

When you file bankruptcy you are required to file in the province you are living, so it is the Saskatchewan laws that you need to be familiar with.

As for your disabled husband, he will be taken into account when you are determining your surplus income obligation.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)