ex helping with child costs

November 5th, 2009 by Questions

My ex and I made a verbal agreement that he would help pay for some of the kids costs after we separated. He will send me money to help pay for daycare and sports etc. usually monthly when it`s needed. Do I need to claim that when filing? He just transfers money to my bank account when needed.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “ex helping with child costs”

, A licensed trustee said:

If you file for bankrutpcy you are required to report all of your income from any/every source. So, if your ex gives you money to help with the kids expenses then you are required to report it. It’s the same for anyone receiving child support due to a Court order – if they have to report it (and they do) then you do also.

Sorry, but if you want releif from your debts then you have to follow the rules…

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)