October 22nd, 2009 by Questions

Former Canadian resident now living in USA, debts are all Canadian. Can I file in Canada?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “Canada/USA”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

You would be eligible to file for bankruptcy in Canada only if you have lived in Canada within the last 12 months or if you still own any form of property in Canada.

As long as you can satisfy one of these two requirements you will have no problem and can simply contact a licensed trustee in the city you most recently resided.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)