March 18th, 2009 by Questions

if there`s a writ of seizure and sale against a property does it mean that the creditor has a possession of the proprerty??

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “WRIT OF SEIZURE”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

In Alberta, in order for one of your regular unsecured creditors to enforce collection rights against your property they must first obtain a judgment and then register a Writ of Enforcement on your personal property at the Personal Property Registry. So you are right, this document will allow your normal unsecured creditor to seize any property that is not considered exempt under the Alberta Civil Enforcement Act.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)