Filing Taxes, while Bankrupt

February 26th, 2009 by Questions

I am an undischarged bankrupt – special circumstances have led to that. My trustee filled pre and post bankruptcy taxes for me last year, but I am still not discharged. Do they have to file again for me this year? Or may I file for myself?

Posted from: Manitoba


One Response to “Filing Taxes, while Bankrupt”

, A licensed trustee said:

Normally, you are responsible to file your own taxes if your bankruptcy continues beyond the minimum 9 months. Since you refer to special circumstances I suggest you call your trustee and ask them how they should be handled.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)