bankruptcy fraud

February 23rd, 2009 by Questions

Someone I know has claimed bankruptcy in the province of alberta while running a day care from their home that they do not claim all monies received from. They have incurred a student loan and do not want to pay it. They have bought a cadillac car and used the vehicle which a lien was placed against by Canada Student Loans as collateral to get said cadillac. The lien vehicle is parked in their yard hidden from view. I would like to know how to report this individual. They are legally married and one of the individuals earns over $100,000 per year working. 1/10 of the monies earned from the daycare are reported as earnings otherwise the bankruptcy would not be granted. Do I report one or both of these indidivuals to the government agencies for criminal acts? Have they in fact been committing a crime?

Posted from: British Columbia


One Response to “bankruptcy fraud”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

If you have concerns about the improper disclosure made during a bankruptcy, the proper people to discuss this with would be the Superintendent of Bankruptcy. Contact them and they will be able to help you out.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)