no job

September 23rd, 2008 by Questions

I have no job (i don`t get paid for it).
I am looking for a fresh start.
My common law husband, is a sole propietor; I answer calls and deal with customers, but don`t draw an income.
If I need grocery or something (not luxury). I withdraw from the business account.
I want to file for bankruptcy. How would I show an income? My common law half would not be filing

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “no job”

, A licensed trustee said:

You’ll have to discuss this with whatever trustee you decide to use. The cost of filing for bankruptcy is based on the total household income, not just your own income.

In cases of self-employment (where the household can decide how to divide the income) the trustee is required to assess afir rate of compensation for the spouses and your bankruptcy payment will be based on that assessment.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)