Free Consultation

Where to report bankruptcy fraud?

I know someone who is committing bankruptcy fraud because he incured debt on credit cards with absolutely no intention of paying that debt back. He has transferred funds (can be proven) that he got from credit cards and lines to his close family members.

It is my understanding that it is the duty of trustee to investigate this type of issues and irregularities.
I do not have his trustee’s name or contact info. Otherwise I would contact him directly.

Since this is a criminal act, should I report it to RCMP’s Commercial Crime Section?
Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy?


Posted from: Ontario

One Response to “Where to report bankruptcy fraud?”

Barton Goth GCO Bankruptcy Trustees said...

The best place to go would be the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy. They will likely inform the trustee or investigate it themselves and if necessary go as far as report this to the RCMP.