Tax filing

May 12th, 2008 by Questions

I read that when you meet with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee, you are required to file a tax return.

This is a two part question. Assuming I file for bankruptcy in JUNE/08
My taxes for 2007 have been submitted to Rev Can and has been assessed by me.

Someone needs to file for 2008
( Jan to Jun – 2008)… does the trustee file on my behalf, and if so, who pays for that filing ?

Do I bring in my 2007 Rev Can assessment to the trustee ?


Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Tax filing”

, Barton Goth GCO Bankruptcy Trustees said:

In the year of bankruptcy there are two tax returns that must be done, one from January 1 to the date of bankruptcy (pre bankruptcy return)and the other from the date of bankruptcy until Dec. 31 (post bankruptcy return). The only return that the trustee is legally required to file is the pre bankruptcy return, but many offices actually file both. For more informaiton on how things are done locally I would recommend you contact a local trustee and they will be able to explain how things take place in your area.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)