May 8th, 2008 by Questions

I have a quick question – it`s for a friend who went to visit his country and his papers were stolen there.Because he will have to apply for a visitor visa to come back but this process could take up to nine months.He doesn`t have any money to pay his mortgage and his car here now and I would like to find out if it`s possible that a third person to declare bankruptcy for him – no bank will wait one year to receive payments.

Posted from: Quebec


One Response to “Debts”

, Barton Goth GCO Bankruptcy Trustees said:

The only way a third party can assign someone else into bankruptcy is if you have power of attorney and the person is otherwise incapacitated. From what you say the best thing to do is for this person to wait until they Return to Canada and then begin the bankruptcy process by contacting a local trustee.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)