Marital status

January 4th, 2008 by Questions

I filed for bankruptcy in 2007. Since then I have started living common law. Is it feasible to claim this fact? Will my fiance have to get his taxes done by the trustee also?


One Response to “Marital status”

, Barton Goth GCO Bankruptcy Trustees said:

According to both the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Income Tax Act, to be considered common law you must be lving together for at least a year. Therefore it is doubful that your 2007 taxes will be changed.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)