Tax Dept.

November 4th, 2007 by Questions


I filed bankruptcy last year (nov.2006) and waiting for my dischange.
Last week, I got mail from Revenue Canada stating that there was false info on my 2004 and 2005 tax return and asking me to pay the difference.
I believe Revenue Canada is making a mistake.

I just wanted to know how are the tax dept handled if a person files banktrupcy?




One Response to “Tax Dept.”

, A licensed trustee said:

Contact your trustee and make them aware of the issue. Unless you have done something fraudulent (or criminal) your prior tax debts, even if they have re-assessed you, will be included in yur bankruptcy.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)