August 19th, 2007 by Questions

Is it possible to negotiate with the canada tax dept. ? Taxes owing over $43,000. Ican only afford payments of $1,ooo/mth. The interest charges take up most of that. Dont own a home or car, am a senior citizen and work parttime. Any suggestions?


One Response to “Alternatives?”

, Barton Goth GCO Bankruptcy Trustees said:

The only way the tax department will accept a negotiated settlement is by filing a consumer proposal, outside of a formalized process like this they simply refuse.

The best thing for you to do is contact a local trustee to discuss how this would unfold.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)