Free Consultation

Old Student Loans

I have an 1980 old student loan from Ontario and I have not paid it back. I have been having problems with long term employment because I live in a seasonal tourist area. Moving is not an option due to family. Can I go and declare bankruptcy?

One Response to “Old Student Loans”

Avatar photo
Barton Goth GCO Bankruptcy Trustees said...

As long as it has been more than 10 years since you last attended school then any student loans will be cleared by filing either a bankruptcy or a consumer proposal.

You would be best to contact a licensed trustee and they will be able to help you file the necessary documents.