March 25th, 2007 by Questions

Am I able to file for an allowable business investment loss (ABIL) that occurred in 2005. This is the same year that I went bankrupt. The investment loss was in March of 2005 and the bankruptcy was on Dec. 31, 2005 and discharged in Oct 2006.


One Response to “ABIL”

, A licensed trustee said:

No, I don’t think that you can, at least not against post-bankruptcy earnings. If anyone is entitled to your ABIL claim it will be your trustee for the benefit of your unsecured creditors.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)