Free Consultation

Referral Please

I am attempting to find out about retroactively having student loans discharged in a Consumer Proposal. I have spoken with the trustee who handled the Proposal and they said I need to contact a lawyer. I have called several to no avail. What exactly should I be asking or do you have a lawyer you could refer. Thanks.

One Response to “Referral Please”

A licensed trustee said...

Unfortunately, we can’t do that. Did you ask your trustee for the name of a local lawyer experienced in insolvency law? The next place to try would be the Law Society of Upper Canada – they keep lists of lawyers and their specialties. They should be able to provide a coupel of names.