Free Consultation

Fairness Board (Re: Canada Revenue)

Is there such a thing as a “fairness board” to challenge or question tax bills that Revenue Canada has sent us? We plan to pay the taxes off first, then proceed. Our concern is a rather large bill for GST and Income Tax from 2001, we filed a 5yr. “Proposal” in Feb. 2002. We are making our required payments on the Proposal.(Up to date)
Thank You for any advice.

One Response to “Fairness Board (Re: Canada Revenue)”

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is. You can appeal to the “fairness committee” of CCRA. You have to make a valid argument with supporting documentation to succeed.