Large monetary award received 2 years after filing

July 21st, 2005 by Questions

I recently received a $12,000.00 award from my ex-spouse from FMEP. Do I have to report this winfall to my Licensed Insolvency Trustee?


One Response to “Large monetary award received 2 years after filing”

, A licensed trustee said:

If your bankruptcy procedure has been completed (that means if you have received your Certificate of Discharge from your trustee or the Court) then you are under no obligation to inform your trustee of the money you have received.

If your bankruptcy has not been completed (you have not been discharged) then you are required to inform your trustee as soon as you know your are going to receive the funds.

If you are uncertain whether or not you have been discharged I suggest you call your trustee and ask them.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)