March 31st, 2010 by Questions

I`m currently making monthly payments to my trustees office for the cost of my bankruptcy. If I were to pay the balance owing in full (a family member has now offered to pay it for me), am I still required to submit monthly income/expense statements, and my surplus earnings (if any)?
Thank You.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “SM”

, A licensed trustee said:

Three for three this morning. I posted your question and the previous two to make a point – if you have already filed with a trustee then these types of questions should be directed to your trustee… This is a simple matter that should have been explained to you BEFORE you filed.

To answer your question, you are required to submit statements of income and expense and pay surplus while you remain an undischarged bankrupt. You may certainly pay your trustee whatever basic amount they are requiring you to pay, but the bankruptcy will still run either 9 or 21 months and you’ll still have to complete and hand in the statements.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)